Monday, March 2, 2009

Stockholm Sweden!!!


Well I just went on my first big trip to Sweden to see Stockholm. When my friends first said they were going to Stockholm I wasn't too sure about it.... What is in freakin Stockholm? Once I was there I realized I was stupid. Stockholm was such a cool city. It had a medieval section in it with all these crazy old buildings and churches. We even ate at a restaurant that used to be a prison and all the little cells had tables in them! We ate right next to the cell that held the man who killed one of Sweden's most famous kings, and I had an awesome meatball sandwich... I asked the guy whether they were Swedish meatballs and he said "Uh, yeah, this is Sweden." I felt a little dumb but he was a cool guy and told us a little about Stockholm.... At night we stayed at a hostel (interesting experience) that used to be an old boat so when we looked out our windows we saw the frozen Baltic Sea. The first night we went out I talked to this Swedish guy at this really cool bar that had beer from around the world and he talked to me for like 30 min about American micro-brews being the best in the world and I saw a cider named Perry! I couldn't take it on the plane though so i didn't buy it... kindda lame. I ate deer meatballs that were so good I cried and then I got to go to a museum that had an old warship from the 17th century. It sank in 20 min after 3 years of construction and they raised it in the 60s and it is in perfect condition. Amazing... It was such a great experience. Look at pictures!

1 comment:

  1. And the Swedes are hip cats, too, apparently.

    Good luck with your travels.

    ReplyDelete