Friday, March 20, 2009

Homesick

Don't get me wrong. I am having a great time here, but this week has been really rough. Cathy's visit reminded me a lot about home and how much I miss it. I see a lot of pictures going up of people getting together for the super bowl and st pats. Its not that I'm mad or anything, I just really want to be a part of everything. This week has been the first time I have ever felt like I am trapped here. Every other day I feel a little homesick I realize that I am here and want to be. This week has not been like that. I feel like I just want to be home for just a minute and that is impossible. Also, I have dealt pretty well thus far with the crazy culture that comes with study abroad and dorm life again, but I am at my end's wit... I have no problem with all the drinking and everything, but it just gets to the point where I am standing in a bar or party, and I am just bored because it doesn't make sense to me to be not your own mind every night or even to spend the money. I personally am done with it. I will still go out with my friends and hang out. I will probably just not be out as late and not have a beer every time or really more than once or twice a week anymore... I miss everyone. I know next week will be better but right now I just want to be home.

1 comment: