Sunday, March 15, 2009

Cathy's Visit


So begins the story of my best week in Scotland :) Cathy flew in on Wednesday morning to spend 5 awesome days in Scotland. We got this awesome price on a plane ticket here so we could not pass up on an awesome experience. We got our money's worth... We spent most of Wednesday just sitting around being lazy and napping cause Cathy had a long trip and I am not a morning person. That night we went to international night so we could say hey to all my friends here. This place was so cool. It had an 80's club upstairs and everything was decked out in mirrors and 80's movie posters. I felt like I was in a VH1 special. Amazing. Thursday was Glasgow day. We saw the old church, went to a graveyard and just meandered the city kicking pigeons (sorry PETA). Next day was Stirling. This is where one of the palaces in Scotland is located. It is also the area that Wallace fought some of his major battles. There is a monument to him near the tower the English kept him in before he was put to death. We saw the castle and walked around the city. We drank coffee at this cool local place that was owned by this young Canadian. She was really cool and played awesome music while Cathy and me passed time till our ghost tour. That night we followed a fully costumed executioner down the streets of Stirling and into the old church graveyard. All this was about 2 hours after sunset. It was a very creepy but fun experience. After a train ride home and an early morning we bused up to Inverness (highlands) to stay in a B&B at Loch Ness in a small town about 20 min away from the city. It was a nice little country town in a beautiful area. I bought a wool hat and we walked down to an old ruined castle, saw Loch Ness and ate dinner at a hotel that was in a 300 year old house. We woke up to a homemade Scottish breakfast (I had haggis!) and started the long trip back to Glasgow... It was such a fun visit and I am going to miss not having her around. I got a little homesick watching her leave to get on a plane. I shall return one day though. I still have a little more to do here, I just'll have to do it alone. There are some pictures up already if you are interested.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for visitors! I heard your Mom and some other family are coming up there too at some point??

    ReplyDelete