Saturday, January 31, 2009

Week Numero Uno

Well, it has been a week since I have arrived here in Scotland and what an interesting one it has been. One advantage to being an international student is that everyone wants to know everyone else. This first week has been a whirlwind of social chaos. The dust is starting to settle, and while I meet a new friend every day, I have found a good group of friends within the international crowd. We have been enjoying our nights out on the town and even today I got to go to Edinburgh with a fun group of people. It is the capital of Scotland and I got to see a huge castle and a chapel from 1185. There were also a bunch of fun touristy shops with Mel Gibson everywhere and kilts. I then got to eat at a pub that is named after the guy who inspired the book Dr Jekyll and Mr. Hide. Lastly, we went to a gallery that had original Van Gough and Monet paintings. Crazy stuff, huh? Also, this other night I had the most amazing pizza with salmon on it. I thought I had died it was so good… Other than those fun stories I really just love the school and town. The only thing I do not like is that the guys upstairs will drink every night and come home yelling at like 3am. Oh, well. I guess I am experiencing the culture. However, one thing I really like is the school chapel. It is a really friendly place with very inviting people. They have a coffee shop and hold daily services. It’s a very calm place to get away to when I need to get away from being so high paced all the time. I met a couple girls there to go to church with there and hang out with; I actually went with them and my flat mate to Edinburgh. I look forward to more good times ahead. Pictures of Edinburgh should be up shortly after this. Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment